LocalBTV is an internet television service that allows subscribers to view live and DVR recorded streams of various television channels. At present, LocalBTV is available in 14 US markets and offers 30 to 40 local channels. Using the LocalBTV app, you can record your favorite shows to your cloud DVR and the DVR has 1 TB of storage which is 300 hours of programming. The local channels are available in different languages such as English, Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese, and more. Check out this article to install and activate the LocalBTV app on major streaming services.
LocalBTV app brings local channels of news, sports, weather, movies, comedy, music, and a lot more categories. Most of the channels are available in SD quality. In case if you don’t understand the language of a video, you can enable the subtitles to understand better. Moreover, the LocalBTV app is completely free to use.
- Apple TV
- Android TV
How to Install LocalBTV on Apple TV
1. Launch your Apple TV and get into the home screen.
2. Open App Store on your Apple TV.
3. Tap the Magnifying Glass icon on the App Store.
4. Type and search for the LocalBTV app using your remote.
5. Choose the app from the search results.
6. Next, click on the Get button to download and install LocalBTV on Apple TV.
7. Once installed, tap on the Open button to launch the app.
How to Install LocalBTV on Firestick
1. Input your Firestick to the TV HDMI port.
2. Connect your Firestick to your home network and go to the home screen.
3. On the home screen, click on the Find menu and choose the Search tile.
4. Next, select the app from Apps & Games section.
5. On the app’s overview page, tap on the Get or Download icon to install the app.
6. Then, select the Open button to launch the app.
How to Install LocalBTV on Roku
1. Plugin your Roku media player to your TV and connect it to the internet connection.
2. From the Roku home screen, select the Search option.
3. Search for the LocalBTV app using the virtual keyboard.
4. Select the LocalBTV app from the suggestions.
5. Further, click Add Channel to install LocalBTV on Roku.
6. Then, click OK in the prompt and choose Go to Channel to launch the app.
How to Install LocalBTV on Android TV
1. Switch on your Android TV and connect to a strong internet connection.
2. From the Android TV home screen, click on the Apps section.
3. Open Google Play Store and tap the Search icon.
4. On the search bar that appears, browse for the LocalBTV app using the on-screen keyboard.
5. Pick the official LocalBTV app from the search results.
6. Click the Install button to install the LocalBTV app on Android TV.
7. Then, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to get over.
8. Next, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate LocalBTV
1. Open the LocalBTV app on your device.
2. Now, the app will display a 6 digit Activation Code. Make a note of it.
3. Then, visit LocalBTV Activation Website (https://activate.localbtv.com/) from any browser on your smartphone or PC.
4. Sign in with your account if asked. Enter the LocalBTV Activation Code and click on the Activate button.
5. Next, the app will be activated and you can start streaming the channels from the LocalBTV app.
2. How much does LocalBTV cost?
LocalBTV costs $350 per annum.
3. Is LocalBTV available on Firestick?
Just like other local channel apps like PBS, LocalBTV is available on Amazon App Store so, you can install and activate the app directly on your Firestick device.