Mac Recovery Assistant is the built-in recovery tool on your Mac PCs. The tool is used to repair your internal storage, reinstall macOS, restore your files from a backup, and set security options. To activate Recovery Assistant on your Mac PC, you need to restart your PC. Now, Mac PCs are available in two variants. Intel-based and M1-chip based. To use Recovery Assistant on these models, you have to follow unique steps.
How to Activate Recovery Assitant on M1 Mac
1. Navigate to the Apple menu on your Mac.
2. Select Shut down and wait till your Mac turns off completely.
3. Next, press and hold the Power button until the Loading startup options appear on the screen.
4. Tap the Options button and click the Continue button.
5. When prompted, select a volume to recover and hit the Next button.
6. Then, choose an administrator account and click the Next button.
7. Type the password of your administrator account.
8. Once you enter the password, tap the Continue button.
9. Next, the Recovery apps will appear on the menu bar.
10. Finally, select any of the options and tap the Continue button.
How to Activate Recovery Assistant on Intel Mac
1. Click the Apple Logo at the top of the left screen.
2. Choose Restart from the menu that appears on the screen.
3. Then, press the Command and R keys till you see the Apple logo or spinning globe.
4. When you are trying to start Mac Recovery Assistant via the internet or WiFi the spinning globe will appear on the screen.
5. It will reinstall macOS and update it to the latest version of macOS that is compatible with your PC.
6. If it is not done automatically, press the Option + Shift + Command + R to reinstall the latest version of macOS.
7. If the lock screen appears, type the password of your Mac.
8. If there is more than one volume on the disk, select the volume you want t to recover.
9. Sometimes, you need to choose an administrator account and be asked to click the Next button.
10. Type the password of your account and click the Continue button.
11. Finally, the Recovery Assistant Utilities window will appear on the screen.
12. Choose the preferred option and click the Continue button.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the Mac Recovery Assistant is not working, reset NVRAM and SMC, repair the startup disk and try to access Mac in safe mode.
No, you can’t use Siri on the Mac Recovery Assistant window.