YouTube Kids is a part of YouTube that offers kids-based videos. It brings videos on arts, crafts, shows, cartoons, toys, hobbies, and more. If you have kids at home, you can definitely entertain them with YouTube Kids app. Further, it offers family-friendly videos on different topics. Along with entertainment, your kids will be educated through the videos available in YouTube Kids app. YouTube Kids is available on different devices. Now, in this section, you shall learn to install and activate the YouTube Kids app.
YouTube Kids will be suitable for kids and children under 12 years of age. The content on the app is categorized as Recommended, Shows, Music, and Learning. Further, it supports parental control features using which parents can monitor the kid’s activities. Parents can look at the watch history any time and you can create multiple profiles (up to 8) for each kid at home.
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
How to Install YouTube Kids on Apple TV
1. Turn on your Apple TV and go to the App Store.
2. Navigate to the Search menu on the top of the screen.
3. Look for the YouTube Kids app using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Select the YouTube Kids app and tap the Get button.
5. Click Open to launch the YouTube Kids app.
How to Install YouTube Kids on Firestick
1. Plug in your Firestick to your TV and launch the device.
2. Connect your device to a strong internet connection and move to the home screen.
3. Tap the Find menu and choose the Search option.
4. Using the virtual keyboard, search for YouTube Kids app.
5. Select the YouTube Kids app from the search results.
6. Click the Get or Download button to install YouTube Kids on Firestick.
7. Tap Open to launch the YouTube Kids app.
How to Install YouTube Kids on Android TV
1. Start your Android TV and go to the home screen.
2. On the home screen, click on the Apps tab.
3. Next, open Google Play Store and choose the Search icon.
4. Browse for the YouTube Kids app in the Play Store and pick the app from the search results.
5. Then, tap on the Install button.
6. Launch the YouTube Kids app on your TV.
How to Install YouTube Kids on Samsung Smart TV
1. Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and press the Smart Hub button.
2. Select the Apps on the TV home screen and click on the Search icon.
3. Type YouTube Kids on the search and select the app.
4. Further, click Install to download the YouTube Kids app from the store.
5. Then, select Open to launch the YouTube Kids app on Samsung Smart TV.
How to Install YouTube Kids on LG Smart TV
1. Switch on your LG Smart TV and navigate to the home screen.
2. Select the LG Content Store to open and select the Search option.
3. Type YouTube Kids in the search and choose the app.
4. Click Install to download the app from the LG Content Store.
5. Next, choose Open to launch the YouTube Kids app.
How to Install YouTube Kids on PlayStation
1. Launch your PlayStation console and move to the PlayStation Store.
2. Tap the Search function and type YouTube Kids in the search.
3. Select the YouTube Kids app from the suggestions.
4. Click on the Download button to install the YouTube Kids app.
5. Further, launch the YouTube Kids app on the PlayStation.
How to Install YouTube Kids on Xbox
1. Open your Xbox and go to the home screen.
2. From the home screen, click on the Store tab and select Apps in the Categories section.
3. Choose Search Apps and type YouTube Kids in the search.
4. Select the YouTube Kids app from the search results.
5. Click Get it Free to install the app.
6. Next, tap on Confirm in the prompt and launch the YouTube Kids app.
How to Activate YouTube Kids App
1. Launch the YouTube Kids app and provide your year of birth in the space provided to verify your age.
2. Select Sign In and you will get an Activation Code on the TV screen.
3. Further, visit YouTube Kids Activation Website (www.kids.youtube.com/activate) from any browser.
4. Sign in to your Google account and enter the Activation Code and click on the Next button.
5. Now, the YouTube Kids app will be activated. Play any video content and educate your kids.
No, YouTube Kids apps is not available on Roku devices.
Yes, YouTube Kids offers parental control features.