Visa validates the credit cards using 3D Secure. 3D Secure ensures whether the person making the payment is the authorized cardholder by sending the one-time password (OTP) to the registered phone number or email address. In addition, 3D Secure is a legislated prerequisite for all online purchases in South America. It makes its users feel more protected and secure. Also, it helps to avoid fraudulent transactions. You will get all these secured features only if you activate your 3D Secure Visa.
How to Activate 3D Secure
1. First, sign in with your online banking profile.
2. Click the My Bank Accounts tile.
3. Tap the My Cards tab.
4. Select the card you want to activate the 3D Secure feature.
5. Search for the Verified by Visa section.
6. Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the activation process.
How to Enable 3D Secure on Visa
1. Open a web browser on your computer or mobile phone.
2. Navigate to the Visa official site (https://visa.com/).
3. Go to the Individuals menu and click the Login button. Sign in with your internet banking account credentials.
4. Select the card or 3D secure menu.
5. Tap the Activate button to activate your card with 3D secure.
6. Use the LuxTrust codes to activate 3D secure.
7. After the validation, you can start using the card with the 3D secure feature.
How to Activate 3D Secure Visa Card
1. Open a web browser on your PC or computer.
2. Navigate to the official Visa site.
3. Next, log in with your online account.
4. Click the Accounts tab and search for the new credit card option.
5. Type your card details like card number, CVV/CVC, Social Security Number, and your DOB in the given field.
6. Once you enter all the details, click the Continue button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
Related: How to Activate Venmo Card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, all the Visa cards have the 3D Secure feature.
There will be a Verified by Visa or Verified by MasterCard logo on the card.