Alexa is your go-to partner and an ever-present AI helper in your smart home setup. It is Amazon’s voice assistant that responds by its surprising amount of possibilities. During hectic times everyone is needed a partner that helps around every now and then with little things. Activate Alexa and get your own personal assistant.
Features of Alexa
- Alexa plays your favorite radio stations, podcasts, games, and sleep melodious music.
- By syncing it with your smartphone, you can make calls to your friends and family.
- With Alexa, you can set timers, alarms, and ask web-based questions.
- Every morning, Alexa reports your tailor-made news.
- It can control smart home devices with your voice commands.
- It has the Super Alexa mode to surprise with some exciting easter eggs.
How to Activate Amazon Alexa on Smartphones
 Open the Amazon Alexa app.
 Now, log in with Amazon account credentials.
 By default, the app will detect nearby Amazon Alexa devices. If not, hit the More icon and tap the Add a Device button.
 Under All Devices, choose your Alexa device.
 Click on Continue when you’re done.
 Next, tap on Allow or Later option based on your preferences.
 Now, the Alexa device is ready for your commands.
Common Alexa Commands
You can ask Alexa anything and everything. Here are some of the common Alexa commands.
- Alexa, play [artist] name.
- Alexa, set the timer for [x] minutes.
- Alexa, what’s the weather today?
- Alexa, set alarm for 7.30 am.
- Alexa, play [radio station].
- Alexa, increase volume.
- Alexa, what’s in the news?
- Alexa, ask Amazon Storytime to read me a story.
- Alexa, play some ambient sounds.
To trigger the Alexa device, you just have to say, Alexa. If you want, you can change the trigger word to your preferences.
Go to Settings and open the Guard menu. Turn on all the preferences like Receiving Smart Alerts, Selecting Echo Devices, and more.