It is important to activate the debit card of any bank before using it. Likewise, you have to follow certain procedures to activate The Bank of America debit or credit card. If you are new to Bank of America and want to activate your card, you need to set up an online banking account. In this guide, we are going to explain the different ways to activate a debit or credit card.
How to Activate Bank of America Debit & Credit Card with Mobile App
2. Sign in with the login credentials of your account.
3. Navigate to the Manage Cards section.
4. Select Debit card activation under the manage card section.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
How to Activate Bank of America Debit or Credit Card Online
Before you start the process, make sure you already have access to online banking. If you don’t have online banking, create online banking with your social security number and the last six digits of your bank account number. Then proceed with the below process.
1. Open a web browser on your mobile or computer.
2. Navigate to the Bank of America website.
3. Click the Sign in to Online Banking button and log in with your online account.
4. Next, go to the Customer Service section.
5. Select the Self Service option.
6. Then, select Debit Card Activation or Credit Card Activation and follow the prompts to activate your card.
How to Activate Bank of America Debit Card through Phone
1. Once you get the Bank of America Debit card, contact the Customer care of Bank of America.
2. Once your call is connected, they will ask for your account details.
3. Tell the details about your account and debit or credit card.
4. Complete the Bank of America card activation and use it to make purchases.
Related: How to Activate Green Dot Card.
Frequently Asked Questions
To activate the debit card online, you can use the website or the smartphone app.
Call customer support and check the status of your credit card.