Call forwarding is used to divert your calls to another number when you are busy. Once you activate call forwarding, all the calls will be diverted to the phone number that receives the forwarded calls. The methods to activate call forwarding depend on the mobile and the service provider you use.
How to Activate Call Forwarding on iPhone
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Click the Phone option.
3. Choose Call Forwarding.
4. Swipe the toggle next to Call Forwarding.
5. Enter the phone number that you want to forward the calls to.
6. Click Done to save the changes.
7. From now on, the incoming calls will be forwarded to the specified phone number when you are busy.
If you have an eSIM on your iPhone, you can follow the same steps to activate the call forwarding.
How to Activate Call Forwarding on Android Phone
1. Open the Settings app on your Android smartphone.
2. Go to the Apps sections and click the Calls or the Phone app.
3. Tap the Call Forwarding option.
4. You will find four options in the Call Forwarding menu. Always forward, When busy, When unanswered, When unreachable).
Always forward: Choosing this option will forward all your incoming calls.
When busy: This will forward calls only when you are busy.
When unanswered: If you are not taking the call, it will be forwarded to another number.
When unreachable: This option will forward calls when your network is unreachable or has network issues.
5. Choose the option that you want.
6. Then, enter the phone number that you want to forward your calls to.
7. Now, call forwarding will be activated on your Android smartphone.
8. If you want to deactivate the call recording, dial *73 to stop forwarding all calls, *93 to stop call forwarding when you don’t answer the calls, and *91 to stop call forwarding when you are busy. The number may vary based on the carrier provider.
How to Activate Call Forwarding on Landline
1. Take your landline phone and wait till you hear the dial tone.
2. Next, dial the call diversion code. After three quick dial tones, you will hear a steady dial tone saying The code you will dial depends on how you want to forward calls.
3. To forward all your incoming calls, dial *72, dial *92 to forward calls when you don’t answer, and dial *90 to forward calls when you are busy on the other line.
4. Now, enter the phone number to which you want to forward the calls.
5. After entering the phone number, wait until you receive the confirmation.
6. If you hear the confirmation message, the call forwarding activation process is completed.
7. If you hear ringing through the receiver, your provider will confirm the call forwarding once another party answers the call.
As an alternative, you can activate voicemail on your devices. Voicemail will let you know who is all called when you are away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there are plenty of free apps available to forward the calls in the Play Store.
No, you cannot activate call forwarding remotely.
You can forward the incoming calls to another number by dialing *72 before your 10-digit phone number. For example, *722356478156. If you want to cancel the call forwarding, use *73 instead of *72.