Call Waiting is a feature that helps you to connect to a call when you are already in another call. You will hear a beep sound when you are on a call indicating that you are getting a second call. It is up to you to accept or decline a call. When you answer the second call, the first call will be on hold. The call waiting feature is enabled by the service provider of your SIM card by default. So if you have disabled it on your phone for some reason, you need to activate it on your smartphone. The methods to activate call waiting depend on the smartphone and version you use.
How to Activate Call Waiting on iPhone
If you have cellular service through a GSM network, you can activate the call waiting feature on your iPhone all by yourself. But, if you have a CDMA network, you need to contact the carrier to activate the call waiting on your iPhone.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Select Phone from the Settings menu.
3. Click the Call Waiting option under the Calls section.
4. Swipe the Call Waiting toggle to enable the feature on your iPhone.
5. If you are using a Dual SIM, call waiting will work only for the calls on the same line.
How to Activate Call Waiting on Android
Activating call waiting on your Android phone depends on the version you use. So follow the below steps to enable the call waiting feature on your device.
Steps to Activate Call Waiting on Andriod with Single SIM
Andriod 10 and later
1. Open the Phone app.
2. Click the three vertical dots (More) icon.
3. Select the Settings and tap Calls.
4. Choose Call Waiting from the Calls section.
5. Flip the toggle next to Call waiting, to enable it on your Android phone.
1. Open the Phone app and go to Settings.
2. Select Calls and tap Additional Settings.
3. Swipe the Call waiting toggle to enable it on your Android phone.
Steps to Activate Call Forwarding on Android with Dual SIM
1. Open the Phone app and click the Menu button.
2. Tap Settings and select Calling Accounts.
3. Select the name of the service provider of your SIM card.
4. Next, click the Additional settings.
5. Turn on the call waiting toggle.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can dial *#43# to check the status of the call waiting. The code is common for all Android and iOS smartphones.
No, both are different. In Call Waiting, you will get a ping when you get a second call. In Call Forwarding, the call will be forwarded to another number when you are on a call.
Take the receiver and dial *43# to activate the call waiting on your landline. When you hang up, call waiting will be activated on your landline.