Capital One offers both credit and debit cards to its customers. With credit and debit cards, the users can make payments in the stores and make online purchases anywhere in the United States. But, to make payments with Capital One Card, you need to activate it once you receive the card. There are three ways to activate your card.
Ways to Activate Capital One Card
- Using Web Browser
- Using Mobile App
- Via Phone Call
How to Activate Capital One Credit Card with Web Browser
1. Open a web browser on your PC or smartphone.
2. Navigate to the Capital One official site (https://verified.capitalone.com/auth/primer?exp=card) and click the Sign In & Activate button to begin the process.
3. Next, enter the username and password to sign in with your Capital One account.
4. Search for your Credit Card.
5. Now, you need to enter the last three digits of your security code.
6. After you enter the code, tap the Activate button to enable it online.
Steps to Activate the Card Using Mobile App
2. Type Capital One in the search bar using the virtual keyboard.
3. Next, select the Capital One Mobile app from the search results and click the Download button.
4. Open the app on your smartphone.
5. Login with your Capital One account’s username and password.
6. Click the Profile icon, which you can find in the top right corner.
7. Next, navigate to the Account Settings.
8. There you can find your new credit card.
9. Finally, click the Activate Credit Card button to activate it.
How to Activate Capital One Card Using Phone Call
If you want to activate the Capital One Card by phone, you need to contact customer care by calling 800-227-4825. Once the agent picks up the call, tell your card details like card number, expiry date, and so on. Follow the instructions given by them to activate the card.
Related: How to Activate Afterpay Card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use it right after you activate it.
No, you can’t. Without activating the card, you can’t make any transactions.