The eSIM is an embedded SIM on your iPhone. If you have an eSIM on your iPhone, there is no need to use a physical SIM. eSIM is available on iPhone XS and above models. To use eSIM services on iPhone, you need to activate the eSIM on your iPhone to make calls, send offline messages, and use iMessages.
Steps to Activate eSIM on iPhone using the QR Code
1. Open the Camera app on your iPhone.
2. Scan the QR Code of the SIM card.
3. If the cellular plan is detected, a notification appears on the screen, click it.
4. Next, tap the Continue button to get into the eSIM activation process.
5. Select the Add Cellular Plan to activate eSIM on your iPhone.
How to Activate an eSIM that is Assigned
1. If a notification appears with the message Carrier cellular plan ready to be installed, tap the message to start the process.
2. Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
3. Select the Carrier cellular plan ready to be installed option.
4. Next, click the Continue button at the bottom of the screen.
5. Make a call from your iPhone to check the cellular connectivity. If you find a problem in making a call, contact the carrier for further solutions.
6. If the eSIM you activated replaces your physical SIM, remove the physical sim from your iPhone.
How to Activate eSIM on iPhone [Carrier App]
1. Unlock your iPhone.
2. Navigate to the App Store and install the carrier app of your SIM provider.
3. Go to Account Settings and choose the eSIM option.
4. Now, you will be directed to the eSIM activation process.
5. Complete the eSIM activation process.
How to Activate your eSIM Manually on iPhone
1. First, navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Select Cellular or Mobile Data from the settings menu.
3. Next, click the Add Cellular Plan option.
4. Select the Enter Details Manually button.
5. Type all the necessary details and follow the on-screen instructions to activate eSIM on your iPhone.
Related: How to Activate Facetime.
Frequently Asked Questions
Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone and select Mobile data. Choose the eSIM that you want to delete under the Data Plans section and tap Remove Data Plan.
Yes, you can transfer your eSIM from your iPhone by scanning the QR code.