- On Mobile: Install App →Login Google Account → Select Two-Step Verification → Go to Security & Sign → Locate Authenticator App → Choose Device → Launch Google Authenticator → Tap Plus Icon → Scan Barcode/ Manual Entry → Enter Code
Google Authenticator is a software-based security application that implements two-factor authentication. It helps them verify users’ identities before accessing the websites or services. By doing so, it ensures to keep data and information are safe from intruders. Two-factor Verification (2FA) feature can be found on many popular social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, and more. Fortunately, the Google Authenticator app is available on many, including Android, iPhone, Windows, and BlackBerry smartphones. So, as we activate the Google Authenticator, it generates a random code to verify the user before logging in. The codes will be sent directly to the registered mobile number, ensuring extra security.
How to Activate Google Authenticator on Mobile
2. Next, set up your two-step verification code on your Google account and Log in using the associated credentials.
3. Select the Two-Step Verification option under Security and Sign-In tab.
4. Scroll down, locate the Authenticator app, and tap on it.
5. Now, you have the option to choose between an Android or iPhone device.
6. Then, launch the Google Authenticator app on your Smartphone and hit the Plus option at the top right corner.
7. Next, you will have two options to authenticate, Scan Barcode and Manual Entry.
8. You can choose any of the methods, but using the Scan barcode might take longer, and you should also be downloading a QR scanner from the store.
9. By choosing Manual entry, we will receive 6 digit code to the email address.
10. Finally, input the code you received and complete the verification process. Ensure to turn on the Time based option, so it can check if the code you enter is aligned with the Authenticator’s recent passcode.
Note: Each time we log in to the account connected with Google Authenticator, we will have to enter a 6-digit verification code. So, we can open the Google Authenticator to get the newly generated code.
Though you can install the Google Authenticator app on multiple devices, we will still be able to use it on one device at a time. Unfortunately, you will not be able to share it between devices.
In two ways, you can reactivate your Google Authenticator. One is to Sign in to the app from a computer and navigate to the Security option under the account setting. Another way is to contact Google Support at 1-855-836-3987.
Microsoft Authenticators are similar to Google Authenticator, but the Microsoft Authenticator supports multiple devices under one account. And we will also be able to hide the code to protect the account.
Unfortunately, Google Authenticator only works on Android or iOS devices and can’t work on PC desktops.