Google Fi is a virtual network service that allows users to make calls and send messages using cellular networks and WiFi. You can get an improved network with the Google Fi plans. Google FI uses two carriers, one is T-mobile and another one is a US Cellular. In addition, you can get 100 GB of Google One storage at no extra charge. Using Google Fi, the users can pay only for the data they use. First, you need to activate Google Fi in the United States and you can use it internationally.
Steps to Activate Google Fi Online
1. Open a web browser on your PC or smartphone.
2. Go to the Google Fi website (fi.google.com).
3. Tap the Join Fi button.
4. Next, you need to sign in with your Google account.
5. Now, select the plan you want to use.
6. On the next screen, tap the Choose Phone button and select your phone. You can also choose Bring your own phone to activate the Google Fi.
7. On the next screen, you have to choose the number. Click Get a new number to get a brand new SIM card from Google Fi. Click Bring a number to convert your SIM card to an activated Google Fi data SIM.
8. Lastly, review your cart and tap the Continue button.
9. Enter your address, billing type, and checkout details to complete the purchase.
10. After the delivery, you can use the Google Fi on your smartphone.
Steps to Activate Google Fi Using eSIM
Using eSIM on iPhone, you can get Google Fi. eSIM is supported only on the iPhone X and later models.
1. Go to the Google Fi website and choose Bring your own phone.
2. Choose your iPhone from the list. Some iPhones will have limitations in Google Fi, like Google Assitant commands and Google Text to Speech.
3. Check the cart and click the Continue button.
4. Complete the order and payment.
5. Go to the authorized center and active the Google Fi using eSIM on your iPhone.
If you try to activate Google Fi using the smartphone app from the Play Store or App Store, you will be directed to the Google Fi website. Remember, if you are a travel person and frequently travel to overseas countries, choose the Unlimited Plus plan to use Google Fi outside the US.
Frequently Asked Questions
It will take up to 24 hours. If it is not activated even after 24 hours, contact Google Fi support.
Google Fi uses T-Mobile and US Cellular for networking.