Google Lens helps you to identify things by scanning them. Google Lens will use your smartphone camera and deep machine learning to scan the images. Apart from scanning images, you can also use the tool to translate the texts and images. It also helps you to copy and paste a text from your phone and computer. As a first step, you have to activate the Google Lens app on your Android or iPhone to use the app.
How to Install and Activate Google Lens on Andriod Phone
1. First, open your Android smartphone and navigate to the Google Play Store.
2. Type Google Lens in the search bar.
3. Select the Google Lens app from the search results.
4. Click the Install button to install the app on your Andriod phone.
5. Click the Open button to launch the app.
6. Now, select the Google Lens app from the home screen and open it.
7. Once you open the app, you will receive a prompt message. Click the Allow button to take pictures and record audio.
8. Scan the object with the camera, Google Lens will recognize the image and give you information about the image.
How to Activate and Use Google Lens on iPhone
1. Open your iPhone and navigate to the App Store, type Google in the search bar.
2. Next, select the official Google app from the search results.
3. Tap the Download button to install the app and wait till the app is installed on your iPhone.
4. Click the Open button to launch the app on your iPhone.
5. Sign in with your Google Account. If you don’t have an account, create a new account.
6. Now, tap the Google Lens icon next to the microphone on the search bar.
7. Click the Allow button for Google Lens to access the camera on your phone.
8. Scan the object with your phone and tap the screen. The Google lens will analyze the image and provides the information.
How to Activate and Use Google Lens on Google Assistant
1. First, open the Google Assistant by pressing the home button on your phone.
2. Then, say Hello, Google.
3. You can find the Google Lens icon at the bottom of the page.
4. Tap the icon to activate the Google Lens on your Google Assistant.
5. Next, click the Get Started button.
6. You receive a message from the Google Assistant, then click the Tap to Continue button and click the Allow button to take the images and record video on your phone.
7. Once you click the Allow button, Google Lens will be activated and ready to scan the images.
8. Click the Lens icon on Google Assistant. It will open with the camera.
9. Focus the camera on the object that you want to know about and tap on the screen.
10. You will get the necessary information.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Google Lens is not available on the App Store.
On PC, you can use Google Image Search to get the Google Lens.
Update the Google Lens app or update your smartphone. This will resolve the issue.