Google Play Store is an essential app for Android devices because it lets users download the new apps and update the old ones. Play Store is pre-installed on all Android devices. So the users don’t need to install the app manually. But sometimes, you may not be able to open the Play Store app on your Android device. You might have uninstalled or disabled the app on your device. Sometimes, you get the error, “Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped.” In that case, you need to reinstall and activate the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
How to Activate the Play Store After Uninstalling the App
1. Open the Settings app on your mobile.
3. Select Advanced Settings from the Settings menu.
4. Next, search for the Plus or Parameters tab in the Advanced settings menu. It depends on the Android version you have.
5. Select the Security option.
6. Click Sources Unknown, Unknown Sources, or Third-party applications from the security section(depends on the Android version).
7. Swipe the toggle near the option you choose to activate it.
7. Next, open the web browser on your mobile.
8. Navigate to the website where you can download the Google Play Store Apk (latest version).
9. Then, install the Google Play Store on your device.
10. Open the Google Play Store and sign in with your Google account.
How to Activate Play Store After You Disabled it
1. Navigate to the Settings menu on your mobile.
2. Click the More icon from the Settings menu.
3. Next, select the Application manager option.
4. Select All apps or All from the Application Manager section.
5. Choose Google Play Store among the available apps.
6. Click the Activate button on the next page that appears on the screen.
Related: How to Activate OK Google.
Frequently Asked Questions
Open the Chromebook and select the Quick Settings Panel. Scroll down to the page and select Google Play Store. Finally, click the Turn on button to activate Google Play Store on a Chromebook.
Go to Settings and choose Apps. Select the Play Store and turn on the toggle. Then, restart your device to enable the Google Play Store.