A Green Dot card is a debit card that you can use to make payments and purchases online. You can use this card as you use any debit card after loading the money. This card is helpful for the parents who want to control their children’s spending money. There is a monthly maintenance fee you need to pay for your Green Dot card. But you can avoid this if you load your card up to $1000 every month. Anyways you need to activate your Green Dot card after you get it to make payments and purchases.
How to Activate Green Dot Card Online
1. Open a web browser on your PC or computer.
2. Navigate to the Green Dot official site (greendot.com/activate).
3. Tap the Register Card button.
4. Once you click the option, a prompt message will appear on the screen to confirm whether you have online banking.
5. If you have online baking already, enter the User ID and Password. If you don’t have it, click the Next button.
6. On the next page, enter the necessary card details like the account number, expiration date, and CVV.
7. Next, click the Continue button.
8. You will be taken to the final page, where you need to enter your name, date of birth, and address. Then, click the Done button to complete the process.
How to Activate Green Dot Card Through Phone
1. Call the Green Dot customer care number (866-795-7605).
2. Provide all the necessary details like your personal information and bank details.
3. After that, the customer executive will update you regarding the activation. Generally, it will take 2-3 business days to activate the card.
Related: How to Activate Apple Titanium Card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Without social security number, you can’t activate the GreenDot card.
You will receive a successfully activated message in your mail.