iMessage is a special messaging feature for Apple devices. Through iMessage, you can send text, photos, and videos to your friends for those who also use the Apple iMessage. iMessages are encrypted and appear in blue text bubbles. But the SMS is not encrypted and appears in green text bubbles. Before you send iMessage on iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you need to activate it.
How to Activate iMessage on iPhone and iPad
1. First, navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Select Messages from the Settings menu.
3. Next, you can find the iMessage with a toggle.
4. Tap the toggle to turn on iMessage.
5. After you turn on iMessage, a prompt message will appear on the screen. Click the OK button to proceed with the process.
6. Wait until the activation process to get over.
7. Once the process is over, click the Send & Receive option.
8. Next, select the Use your Apple ID for iMessage and sign in with your Apple ID.
9. If you want, you can also use your phone number to activate the iMessage.
How to Activate iMessage on Mac
1. Initially, turn on your Mac.
2. Next, open the Messages app on your Mac.
3. Sign in with your Apple Id.
4. Select Messages from the menu bar.
5. Next, click the Preferences option.
6. Select iMessage and type the phone number & email address.
7. Finally, you can send and receive iMessages on Mac.
Waiting for Activation: How to Fix
While activating the iMessage app, you may be stuck up on the pop-up saying “Waiting for Activation.” If that’s the case, make sure that your SIM card has the balance to send messages. While activating the iMessage, you have to send an offline message to Apple services.
If you still have the issue, do the common troubleshoot tips like restarting your Apple device, turning on & off the AirPlane mode, signing out & in of your Apple ID, and so on.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the iMessage activation screen, choose your phone number. Your phone number will be activated for iMessages.
It takes up to 24 hours to activate iMessage on the iPhone.