Nvidia ShadowPlay is a feature that is used to take screenshots and record & share games. Using Nvidia ShadowPla, you can record up to 30 minutes of gameplay at 1440p resolution and 60 FPS. Further, it records the gameplay in the background automatically on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Nvidia ShadowPlay is recently renamed Nividia Share. You need to activate the Nividia ShadowPlay in the Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay settings. If you want to record gameplay on your PC, you must have the latest Nvidia hardware.
How to Activate Nvidia ShadowPlay
Before you begin the process, make sure you have the GeForce Experience 3.0 or higher. If not, update the NVIDIA drivers.
Check the Nvidia ShadowPlay Compatibility
1. First, download and install the GeForce Experience app on your device.
2. Tap the Cog icon to open the Settings menu.
3. Go to the Features section.
4. Check whether the In-Game Overlay is available or not. If it is available, you can use ShadowPlay.
Steps to Activate Nvidia ShadowPlay
If you are using the older version of Nvidia drivers, you can’t enable ShadowPlay. You have to update your Nvidia drivers to their latest version to activate the ShadowPlay. To do so,
1. Open the GeForce Experience app.
2. Login with your GeForce account or create a new account.
3. Check if all the drivers are updated to their latest version. If not, update the GeForce drivers.
Steps to Record GamePlay Using Nvidia ShadowPlay
1. Open the Overlay settings by pressing the Alt + Z on the GeForce Experience app.
2. If you cannot open the overlay, open the GeForce Experience app and tap the Share icon.
3. Further, tap the Record button to start the gameplay recording.
4. Select the Instant Replay icon.
5. Tap Turn on to activate the Instant Replay mode. Click the Settings option to change the video settings like video quality, bitrate, resolution, and more,
6. Press the Alt + F10 buttons to save the last five minutes of gameplay in a file.
7. Make sure you save it manually. If you forget to save it, the gameplay will be deleted automatically.
8. Click the Record button and tap Start to begin the recording. You can also start the recording by pressing the Alt + F9.
9. If you want to stop the recording, press the Alt + F9 again.
10. Tap the Stop and Save button to stop the recording.
If you want, you can change the keyboard shortcuts to your preferences. Go to Settings and choose Keyboard Shortcuts to change them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Alt + Z is the default hotkey for ShadowPlay. If you want, you can change it in the Keyboard Shortcuts settings.
No, ShadowPlay can record only the gameplay videos.