PlayStation 5 is one of the best video gaming consoles available on the market. You need to set your PlayStation 5 as primary to play your games and media even when your console is offline. You can also enjoy the benefits of your PlayStation Plus membership like online multiplayer and game help. For that, you need to enable Console Sharing and Offline Play on your PlayStation 5. Now, go on with this guide to learn how to activate primary PS5.
What are Console Sharing and Offline Play on PS5
Console Sharing and Offline Play are the settings in the console that helps you to share your games and other media content. And you can play your PS5 games on another PlayStation 5. The Console Sharing and Offline Play feature won’t affect your gaming console in any way.
How to Activate a PS5 as Primary for Console Sharing and Offline Play
1. Turn on your PlayStation 5 using the power button on your console.
2. Launch the home screen and click the Settings icon.
3. Select Users and accounts from the main menu.
4. Next, click the Other option.
5. Tap the Console Sharing and Offline Play option.
6. Now, a prompt message will appear on the screen.
7. Click the Enable button.
8. Finally, click the OK button to complete the process.
Related: How to Activate PlayStation Plus.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can activate the PS5 as a primary console by turning on the Console Sharing and Offline Play.
Yes, you can share the games between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. You can do that with the backward compatibility elements of PlayStation 5.
To deactivate the PS5 as the primary console, you have to turn off the Console Sharing and Offline Play.