Samsung Pay is a mobile payment system by which you can transfer money to your contacts and make payments in the retail stores. You can add your credit, debit, gift, and membership cards to the Samsung Pay app. In addition, Samsung Pay has a partnership with the American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa payment card networks in conjunction with top U.S banks. You can also get extra rewards and earn points on your daily purchases. Like Bixby, you have to activate Samsung Pay for the first time.
The Samsung Pay app is pre-installed on its compatible devices. So, you don’t want to install the app manually. But if your phone doesn’t have the latest software, you need to update to the latest version. If you find any difficulty in opening the app, you need to install the app on your mobile.
How to Install Samsung Pay
1. Navigate to the Galaxy Store on your mobile.
2. Type Samsung Pay using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Pick the official Samsung Pay app from the search results and click the Download button.
4. Once the installation process is over, click the Open button.
How to Activate Samsung Pay
1. Open the Samsung Pay app and sign in with your Samsung account.
2. Next, click the Start button.
3. Tap the Next button to continue with the process.
4. Then, you need to set the verification method to make payments. You can use the Iris, Fingerprints, Intelligent Scan, or the PIN option.
5. After selecting the verification method, you need to create a 4-digit Samsung Pay PIN.
6. Next, tap the Add Card button to add your credit or debit card.
7. There are two options to add your card, one is scanning the card and the other one is entering the card details manually.
8. If you select the option to scan your card, scan the front side of your card with the card number and expiry date. Next, you need to enter the CVV code and your full name as it appears on the card.
9. If you choose Enter card manually, you need to enter the card details like card number and expiry date manually and click the Next button.
10. Finally, you need to verify your card and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the verification.
11. Once you finish the verification methods, you can use Samsung Pay to make payments.
How to Activate Samsung Pay on Smartwatch
1. First, press and hold the Back button on your Smartwatch to launch the Samsung Pay watch.
2. Click the Arrow icon to begin the activation process.
3. Open the Samsung Pay app and sign in with your Samsung account.
4. Next, click the more icon and tap the + Add Card option to add the debit or credit card to Samsung Pay.
5. After adding the card, create a 4-digit security PIN to make payments and type it again to confirm the security number.
6. Once you set everything, you will be able to make payments with Samsung Pay on your Smartwatch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Open the Samsung Pay app on your device and tap the Pay button at the bottom of the page and choose the card to pay.
Check the full list of the Samsung Pay supported models here.