Voicemail is one of the most used features on iPhone and other smartphones. Voicemail on iPhone helps the users to send and receive voicemails to their friends & family, and it is also used for business purposes. It also helps you to catch up on the important calls when you are unable to attend the call. The best thing about voicemails is that you can get missed call alerts for both primary SIM and eSIM. Before you send a voicemail from your iPhone, you need to activate it.
How to Set Up Voicemail on iPhone
1. Unlock your iPhone and open the Phone app.
2. Click the Voicemail icon that you can find at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap the Set Up Now button to begin the Voicemail activation process.
4. Next, set up the password for your voicemail and you need to confirm the password twice.
5. After setting up the password, click the Done button.
6. If you want to use the prerecorded greetings, click the Default option.
7. Tap Custom for personalized greetings.
8. Next, click the Record option to record your voice greetings.
9. Once you finish telling the greetings, tap Stop to finish the recording.
10. If you want to listen to the recording, click the Play button and listen to your voice recording.
11. Tap the Save button to save your recording.
How to Activate Voicemail on iPhone Using Smart Voicemail App
You can also use the third-party voicemail apps to activate voicemails from your iPhone. The voicemail app helps you make your voicemail visual and transcribe your messages. In some countries, built-in voicemail support is not available for iPhones. In that case, you can use third-party apps.
1. Navigate to the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Type Vxt in the search bar.
3. Pick the official Vxt – Smart Voice Mail apps from the search results.
4. Click the Download button to install the app.
5. Open the Vxt app on your iPhone.
6. Next, type your mobile number and select the carrier.
7. Enter the activation code you received to the given phone number and click the Submit button.
8. Select your occupation and industry.
9. Finally, tap the Turn Vxt on to activate voicemail.
How to Turn Off Voicemail on iPhone
1. First, you need to find your voicemail number.
2. To find the voicemail number, open the Phone app and dial *#61#.
3. Now, write down the voicemail number that appears on the screen.
4. Navigate to the Settings on your iPhone.
5. Select Phone from the settings menu.
6. Next, choose Call Forwarding from the phone menu.
7. Swipe the toggle next to Call forwarding to enable call forwarding on iPhone.
8. Enter the voice mail number in the voicemail box and click the Save button.
9. Navigate to the Phone app again.
10. Dial #404 to turn off the voicemail service and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
You can also contact your phone carrier to disable the voicemail service. With this guide, you can set up voicemail on any model of iPhone like the iPhone 13, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone SE, iPhone 8, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Navigate to Settings and select Phone from the settings menu. Next, select voicemail and swipe the toggle next to Transcription to turn on voice mail transcription.
The voicemail feature on iPhone is available only in selected countries.