WIC is a Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children. It is one of the most used food assistance programs in the United States and Texas. More than 53 percent of infants are born by getting benefits from this program. The aim of the WIC program is to help pregnant or soon-to-be mothers, newborns, and mothers. To apply for this card, you should be potentially eligible and you can apply for the card at the WIC local agency in your area. Further, after receiving the WIC card, you need to activate the card by setting the security pin to use it in the stores in the United States.
How to Activate WIC Card Using Customer Service
1. Find the WIC card activation number of your WIC card.
2. Dial the WIC customer service at 1-855-279-0679.
3. Follow the prompts given by the automated voice.
4. Type your card details like card number, date of birth, and zip code.
5. Next, follow the prompts to create a four-digit PIN.
6. After setting up the PIN, you can use the WIC card in accepted stores.
How to Activate WIC Card Through WIC Office
If you are unable to activate and set up the four-digit security PIN online, you need to go to the nearby WIC office to activate the card. The representative will ask for your WIC card details like the 16-digit eWIC card number, date of birth, and the setup PIN. Follow the instructions given by the representative and activate the card.
List of Food Items with WIC Benefits
- Baby Foods
- Fruit Juice
- vegetable Juice
- Iron-fortified Infant Formula
- Iron-fortified Adult Cereal
- Peanut Butter
- Infant Cereal
- Dried or Canned Beans
- Dried-or Canned Beans
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Soy-based Beverage
- Canned Fish
Frequently Asked Questions
The WIC card holders can use the card at all the Walmart stores with the regular checkout line and also with SCO(self-checkout) lanes. But, cardholders cannot use the WIC card at the online stores of Walmart.
Amazon offers special discounts on Prime to WIC users only in the retail stores, not online.